Summer berries come in so many beautiful colours. With that as my inspiration, I incorporated those colours with an invigorating summer fruit scent for this recipe.
Originally I was going to use the funnel technique but due to my trace reaching medium it wouldn’t pour cleanly, as you can see from the photo below.
Instead I opted for the spoon pop technique, this worked well and created distinct yet rough layers of colour.
To buy this soap please visit Claudia’s Soap Kitchen
- 98 g Sodium Hydroxide
- 260 g Water
- 140 g Canola Oil
- 35 g Castor Oil
- 210 g Coconut Oil
- 105 g Mango Butter
- 210 g Olive Oil
- 29 g Summer Fruits Fragrance Oil
- 1 tsp red mica (add to 10 ml of any light oil)
- 1 tsp blue mica (add to 10 ml of any light oil)
- 1 tsp yellow mica (add to 10 ml of any light oil)
- 1kg capacity silicon mould
- Micro-wave safe container
- Hand blender
- Rubbing alcohol spray
- Measure out all ingredients and don’t forget to wear your protective equipment.
- Melt you oils and butters in the microwave safe container.
- While the oils cool, mix your sodium hydroxide to the water. Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area.
- While both of these cool, mix your coloured mica’s into 10ml of a light oil. Use a separate pot for each colour, this will make them easier to add later.
- Once your oils and lye solution are between 25-35 degrees Celsius, add the lye to the oils and hand blend.
- Hand blend to a light trace and separate into roughly 3 equal parts.
- Mix your colour mixture into each of the separate containers with the hand blender to incorporate the colour completely.
- Add a third of the fragrance to each part and hand stir.
- To add your soap to the silicone mould, simply take a large spoon and plop randomly. This way you will end up with a unique pattern and no slice will be the same.
- Once complete, spray the top with rubbing alcohol and store in a cool dry place. Unmould after 48 hours and slice.
Here is the final product. I used my beautiful new soap slicer to get perfectly clean slices.
I hope you enjoyed this soap as much as I did and please do comment if you try it or have created a soap like this.
Like the look of this soap? You can buy Summer Fruit Sensation soap on my Etsy page.